Phulkari is a traditional embroidery technique that has originated from Punjab. The word Phulkari means “flower work” and was an ancient word for embroidery. This regional design is spun on charkhas and is mainly patterned on shawls, dupattas and kurtis. These delicate yet attractive designs are woven using colorful silk threads. The bright colored phulkari is suitable for wedding and other ceremonies while women wear sober colors for daily wear.
Phulkari has gained popularity among young girls as well as Bollywood celebrities. You can team up your phulkari suit or saree with bold ethnic jewelry and radiate a traditional yet modern look. If you want to stick with the traditional look, oxidized silver jewelry goes well.
Phulkari Dupattas by Punnjab
The multi-colored embroidery on dupattas makes them look lively. You can wear this dupatta with a simple suit and yet look graceful.
- Kanchan Phulkari: The embroidery work is done on faux chiffon with machines. You should dry clean the dupatta or just give it a soft wash.
- Georgette Handicraft Phulkari: The multi-colored embroidery on this type of dupatta is handmade. You need to dry clean the dupatta to maintain the longevity.
- Chanderi Phulkari: The multi-colored embroidery on this type of dupatta is handmade. You can dry clean or soft wash this dupatta.
- Chiffon Handicraft Phulkari: The colorful embroidery is done on a pure chiffon cloth manually. You can dry clean or soft wash this dupatta.
- Modern Phulkari: The modern Phulkari is done by machines and is as beautiful as the traditional Phulkari embroidery. The cloth used is semi chinnon and it needs to be soft washed.
- Parsi Mirror Phulkari: This handmade embroidery is highly affordable. The fabric used is georgette that can be soft washed or dry cleaned. The mirror work is done on the borders to enhance the beauty of phulkari work.
- Phulkari Bagh: The multi-colored embroidery on this type of dupatta is handmade. Cotton fabric is used which needs to be dry cleaned after use.
- Pure Phulkari: The traditional phulkari is made on pure chinnon or chiffon fabric. The delicate work can be hand washed or dry cleaned.
- Super Georgette: The multi-colored embroidery on this type of dupatta is handmade. You can either dry clean the dupatta or give it a soft wash to maintain the longevity.
- Elite Phulkari: The beautiful handmade embroidery on chanderi fabric is what gives it an elite look. The dupatta can be dry cleaned or given a soft wash. This dupatta type is a must have for any traditional function.
- Kota net Phulkari: The sophisticated handmade embroidery on kota net makes this dupatta type a simple yet luring one. You can either dry clean it or give it a soft wash.
Phulkari Suits by Punnjab
Phulkari suits are a hot trend. They give you a royal and traditional look. So be it any season, a phulkari suit is a must have in your closet. The suit can either be dry cleaned or given a soft wash. The suits are unstitched but if you wish you can send over your measurement details and get your suit stitched at minimal rates.
You can shop for different types of Phulkari suits from punnjab.com. Some varities of suits that you will come across in their collection are:
- Cotton Phulkari suits: The suit will come with machine phulkari work of different colors. The salwar will be plain while the semi chiffon dupatta will be embroidered. Silk Phulkari suits: Silk is the most loved cloth among fabric lovers. It gives one a lavish look and when combined with phulkari, it can do wonders. The suit will come with machine phulkari work of a contrasting color. The salwar will be plain while the semi chiffon dupatta will be embroidered.
- Punjabi Phulkari suits: These daily wear phulkari suits are made of jam silk. The suit has multi colored handmade embroidery work while the salwar is plain. The dupatta is made of semi chiffon and is also embroidered.
- Modern Phulkari suits: The modern suits are in great trend nowadays. The multi colored embroidery is done by machine on cambric cotton. The plain salwar is teamed up with a half pure, embroidered chiffon dupatta.
- Phulkari Bagh suits: The Phulkari Bagh embroidery is done on zam silk. The salwar and dupatta also have phulkari work. The dupatta is made up of cotton base.
- Designer Phulkari suits: The designer suits have machine phulkari work on zam silk. It is teamed up with a plain salwar and embroidery on the chiffon dupatta.
- Kanchan Phulkari suits: These have multi colored embroidery work on cotton silk. The salwar is plain and the chiffon dupatta is embroidered.
- Georgette Handicraft suits: The suit, salwar, and dupatta, all are made of pure georgette and have colorful, handmade phulkari embroidery on them. These suits can be dry cleaned as well as hand washed.
- Patta Phulkari suits: The suit is made of zam silk and has machine made colorful embroidery. The salwar is plain while the chinnon dupatta is embroidered.
Apart from these varities, if you are looking for plain suits to wear with your Phulkari dupatta you can shop them from Punnjab.
You will also find an exclusive wedding section on the website of Punnjab. It comprises of hand-picked phulkari dresses appropriate for the occasion.
There are many online as well as offline stores that sell Phulkari dresses, but punnjab.com comes with a difference. The following factors make the site special:
- Vast range of Phulkari dresses
- Record of happy customers
- Making phulkari since 1947
- Quick delivery with Cash on Delivery options
- Online stitching services
You can convince yourself to buy an outfit or two from Punnjab after checking out the gorgeous collection. If you like it then keep it else follow their easy return policies for exchange.